Sébastien Loeb (Citroen) maintained his lead at the end of the second day of Rally Finland, but the Frenchman is still under the pressure from his teammate Mikko Hirvonen.
The two Citroën works drivers were separated by only three seconds before the last Super Special stage held Friday night.
The pair today shared the the number of stage wins on Friday (4 to Hirvonen, 3 to Loeb), with the exception of ESS11, the last special stage of the day, which was won by Petter Solberg’s Ford Fiesta.
Hirvonen, who is still looking for his first win with Citroën, is still classified behind his teammate Loeb. The works Ford Fiestas of Jari-Matti Latvala and Petter Solberg were running 20 seconds behind the Citroëns, as the Norwegian driver had a great catch up after his technical issues on Thursday.
Young Thierry Neuville (Citroën), who was fighting for fifth position with Mads Ostberg’s Ford, was forced to retire after he rolled his car at a low speed in ESS11.
Classification after Friday :
1. Loeb-Elena (Citroën DS3 WRC) en 1h19’07’’6
2. Hirvonen-Lehtinen (Citroën DS3 WRC) + 5’’0
3. Latvala-Anttila (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 20’’3
4. P. Solberg-Patterson (Ford Fiesta WRC) + 21’’4
5. Ostberg-Andersson (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 47’’7
6. Tanak-Sikk (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 1’36’’4