Airport Ford Sales Limited
Transmision service or Flush
Nearly nine out of ten transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination according to the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Just like the oil in you cars engine, automatic transmission fluid (ATF) suffers from heat, friction, and electrochemical degradation. Once this process starts, your transmissionís vital parts begin to clog with sludge and varnish deposits.
Unlike your carís engine where all the oil can be drained out, most of the transmission fluid does not drain into the transmission pan. Instead it stays in the torque converter, valve body, and cooler lines making a complete fluid drain impossible. A transmission service alone only replaces 25% of the contaminated fluid, leaving behind 75% contaminated fluid to mix with the new ATF.
Combining a transmission flush with a service will ensure that your transmission is fully cleaned of contaminated ATF and replaced with new ATF. A flush will clean all internal transmission components including the cooler, valve body, and torque converter. The flush is also the best way to remove wear metals that are slowly grinding away on your transmissionís internal components.
15 % Off with this coupon