Lincoln has just introduced its new Continental concept at the 2015 New York Auto Show, marking the return of a legendary nameplate and signalling the brand’s all-new full-size sedan that's due next year.
Powered by a Lincoln-exclusive 3.0L EcoBoost V6 engine, the new Continental concept boasts elegant lines, an all-new front grille, and state-of-the-art technology including:
- Patented 30-way adjustable seats with a new-to-market design that conforms to passengers’ sizes and shapes.
- E-Latch door handles that tuck discreetly in the clean vehicle beltline (the doors open effortlessly with the touch of a button)
- Automatic lighting inside and out when the car senses your approach.
- Revel Ultima audio system offering three surround sound modes: Stereo, Audience, and On-Stage
- SPD SmartGlass tinting sunroof allowing passengers to control heat from direct sunlight.
The spacious interior of the Lincoln Continental concept also features a tablet-supporting lap tray that deploys from the full-length centre console, a champagne storage compartment, as well as detachable, hand-crafted Venetian leather travel cases mounted to the back of the front seats.
Driver assist technologies include Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Enhanced Park Assist, and a 360-degree camera that displays on the MyLincoln Touch screen.
The new Continental's pricing and on-sale date will be announced later.