PDA

Voir la version complète : Brake Line Corolla 1996

franee1
02/12/2007, 23h34
My brakes have started going on me a few weeks back. The oil was totally gone. A couple of garages have told me my lines were probably rusted and leaking, which was confirmed by one of them.

My question is: can I still run this car till the spring without having anything done to it. My brake pedal is obviously very low and I need to be very careful with my braking. OR can I have used parts put on as my plan is to change car in the spring rather than winter when I park in snow banks... I was also warned about the master cylinder being forced in the condition the lines are in right now and the possibility of further break down.

Bottom line, my question is: what should and can do about this problem? Is there a temporary "quick" fix I can use ?

Thank you for helping me with this.

Japfan
03/12/2007, 18h21
I would never drive a car with brake problem like this. This is a serious security problem, you never know when your brake will fail again and you may end up in a big accident. Personnally, I would either repair it with brand new pieces ASAP or park the car for the winter.

mazzzda
03/12/2007, 19h34
also custom brake line are not expensive, about 50$ of matérial and 1-2 hour of labor