PDA

Voir la version complète : Importation BMW au Canada - vrai ou faux?

Saintor
01/08/2008, 09h15
Hey All,

I'm currently in the midst of importing an 07 e93 cab from the USA, and I JUST found out, that

1.) The (bullsh*t) Letter of Admissibility for $350.00 + tax (400CAD) is NOT required anymore. I actually ordered and paid for mine on the DAY that it was no longer a requirement, and noone at the dealer said anything, and they won't give me a refund....pricks

2.) The RIV/Transport Canada does NOT require that the Recall Clearance Letter be from Canada. In other words, a computer print out from an authorized BMW retailer in the USA stating that there are no recalls is ACCEPTABLE as of June 26th 2008. So, what that means is, you DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE YOUR USA-SPEC CAR TO A CANADIAN DEALER TO GET THE CLUSTER CHANGED---YOU SAVE THE $3000CAD!

If you talk to BMW Canada, they'll LIE, and tell you that you won't be able to register your car unless all the modifications are made by BMW Canada.

I called the Registrar of Imported Vehicles and spoke to them about this, and they assured me that a Recall Clearance PRINTOUT from a US dealer is fine, and you CAN register your car. The guy at the RIV, Frasier, told me flat out that BMW Canada is lying when they told me the opposite.

My car is still in the USA, hopefully next week it'll be here in Toronto, and I'll let you know how everything goes. I hope this is helpful to anyone else out there.

Marty

Peut-être que notre ami Bergeron ou un autre en sait davantage. mmmmmm3... :wink:

RacingTeacher
01/08/2008, 12h25
Très intéressant, je suis en congé parental l'été prochain et j'ai du temps en masse, j'ai commencé a m'informer pour une Cooper S et le cluster me faisait dire que ca ne valait plus la peine.