PDA

Voir la version complète : [b]2002 Hyundai Elantra Rusted windows!!!![/b]

Apocalyptica
06/07/2004, 16h35
This is the second time I'll be changing my back windows due to rust. I bought my car as new, and yet this keeps happening. Has someone else had this problem or has heard of this? What can I do as recourse as a consumer to avoid this problem again?

xcr_wood
07/07/2004, 07h38
heu pardon ?? je comprend pas desoler

pl9171
07/07/2004, 08h00
First time that I heard someting like that. There's no base warranty on that car? When/who as changed the window? There's probably a bad sealed top window.

You can report to the APA if the Dealer has done a bad job for the first replacement. Otherwise, you can report to Hyunday motors company this unusual situation ... But... It looks strange...

CivicBrune
07/07/2004, 15h39
This is the second time I'll be changing my back windows due to rust. I bought my car as new, and yet this keeps happening. Has someone else had this problem or has heard of this? What can I do as recourse as a consumer to avoid this problem again?

Translation for all the french people on this forum:
Traduction pour tous les français du forum:

C'est la deuxième fois que je changerais ma vitre arrière, à cause de la rouille. J'ai acheté ma voiture flambant neuve et cela continue d'arriver quand même. Est-ce que quelqu'un a déjà eu ce problème ou en a entendu parler? Qu'est ce que je peux faire, en tant que consommateur, pour éviter que cela se répète?

Apocalyptica
08/07/2004, 08h43
Yes, I do have a warrenty, so that's not really the problem, and the dealer has taken care of the work. My worry is that I don't understand why this is happening, and why always that window.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to contact Hyundai directly and see what my recourses are. i don't want this to happen again once my warrenty runs out! :?

Saintor
08/07/2004, 09h36
My uncle has a 2001 Elantra and it has rust all around the rear wells (inner lip). Very visible.