PDA

Voir la version complète : Ford F 150 4 x 4 2002 all I had is problem with it

jean paul cote
14/03/2005, 18h53
Ford of Canada (Customer services)

Quality is not only a word it must be proven.
Why do I say that? Read this letter and you will understand! I hope!

It is my third ford truck and mark these words my last one, why…read the following nightmare.

I bought a brand new F150 4x4 in 2002, super-cab short box, 5 speeds standard transmission. Truck identification number is 2FTRXZ18W42CA23116.

I only drive on the highway, I don’t even pull a load my truck has 57000 K today.
A chance for me I do not go far up north in an isolated area I would feel like Gilligan on is island.

Within the first week, one of my key did not work so I was unable to move had to call my wife so she could bring me the other one, programming was defective, first visit to the dealer, the week after that I noticed that the horn was not making any noises the fuse was burned another visit to the dealer, couple of months later the transmission was not functioning properly I had problem getting it in second gear, they worked on it and told me that is was assembled wrong they had to change a guiding plate but 2 days later the same problem occurred again so they open it again and it stayed at the shop for 3 days I had to rent a car to be able to go to work.

After that I noticed that the stainless steel bar installed under the door, I think they call it step bars, they started to rust I went to the dealer I told me I will change them and would call me when they would have receive them so a week later I went for the change but they told me they ordered the wrong type so I went back a week after that the same problem occurred at the 3 visit I told them I do not give a shit install the one you have I do not care anymore.

I also had 2 leaks to the rear differential the first one was leaking oil from the back plate they repaired that but 2 days later it was leaking from the front of the same differential they repaired that to.

The following month the rear sliding window in the cab had a leak water was pouring in when it was raining a rubber seal was missing so they ordered a new window and another visit to replace it was scheduled.

The following month while in for routine oil change the dealer lost my keys so I had to wait 45 minutes for them to prepare another key, I was angry and decided to change dealer I went from Chomedey Ford to Deslaurier Ford.

But this did not stop the truck from falling apart, I started having problem with the parking brake they jammed often they where making noises, each time they cleaned them and greased them it worked for a couple of week then it started over again but what can I do so I forgot about it since it was part of the mechanic of the truck the dealer even told me not to use the parking brake in winter when it is below 10 C or it would not operate properly a chance I do not have a remote starter I would be fuck since It as to be on for the remote to work. I also had problem with the ignition, the key entry and device was loose I was able to almost remove it they repaired that to but who give a shit now.

This past year I changed the back light, the license plate light they both where burned, plus frequent visit for brake problem, lately the front calipers jammed it was a Friday afternoon the dealer closes at noon so I went to the corner garage and had them replace the disk and pad and caliper I had no choice this was costly but what the heck I am use to it by now, The front tie rod started to make noises when the truck was moving so I went to the dealer they told me they needed to be greased and cleaned up frequently OK, but a couple of weeks later the same problem occurred again so I changed them and installed Moog tie rod since then no more problem, (another expense paid by me) Just before Christmas I was unable to backup the truck since the rear parking brake where jammed I call a towing and another visit to the dealer they changed the wire system and since then I am not using the parking brake anymore just in case you know.

I forgot in October I had a lost of power so I went to the dealer and they found out that the number 2 cylinder was not working properly in fact they changed the coil or something like that they told me, I also changed the radio because the CD was not operating properly, every time I removed a CD from it was burning hot, I would have been able to make grill cheese in it, it was not a CD player It was a toaster (brand new Kenwood radio installed now and it work like a charm)

NO IT IS NOT OVER YET

Yesterday the 10 February 2005, the truck started correctly but the clutch stayed jammed in the floor had to call a towing again if fact I called ford Canada services and they send the towing so I was able to go to the nearest Ford dealer It is Blainville ford my truck is there since the 10 and it will probably be ready this afternoon 11 feb. the clutch cylinder is broken it has to be changed what a surprise for me now, you are probably telling yourself that the only thing that was not changed in the truck is the lighter but no I changed t it last summer it was broken and I do not even smoke.

Once I engage in the 4 x 4 and it did not worked properly so I went to the dealer he told me I should use it at least once a month or it will not work, because it will get dirty, they cleaned the transfer case and after it worked OK.
Something else did happen I went in for a check engine light they told me they had top change a sensor located in the catalyst but the mechanic broke the sensor in the catalyst so I had to go back the next day for them to replace the catalyst and the sensor.

I hope I did not forget anything.

One question for you! Was this truck assembled in Africa by monkeys? It surely seams like it.

Lately my brother in law bought a new truck but what a surprise I told him not to buy a ford so he bought a Dodge (on customer lost there)

I just bought a new car for my wife and you know what, it was a Jetta, not a ford (another customer lost there)

I posted this letter on an internet discussion forum today and within 24 hours I got over 35 inquiries regarding this problem. You should be aware that this will make them think twice before purchasing A NEW OR USED FORD CAR OR TRUCK.

By the way do not respond to this letter only to tell me you understand my point of view and you feel sorry for me, like you did last year when I sent you a e-mail regarding this truck.

Hope somebody at ford will read this and act responsively accordingly to it. I might not be the only client with theses problems but if you act and do something in time you will feel better and client satisfaction % will be rising again instead of going down. A client lost is hard to get back. This is the back bone of any business oriented toward client satisfaction keep them happy and furnish them a good product you will keep them for life.

This truck is costing me 40K and each time I bring it in for repair they never have a car to lent me, so I have to rent one at my expense.

Quality is not only a word it has to be proven, it is a commitment toward the client by all employees at Ford.

I made calculation and the end results is that the truck stayed at the dealer for almost 6 weeks total since I bought it, that is the equivalent of two months payment plus all the time spent the rental car and the days of work missed I am afraid of finding the final amount so I wont do it.

If you have the guts to call me do so, but be ready for it.
By the way it is for sale are you interested. Make me an offer I cannot refuse, LOL.
I am a Quality assurance corporate manager for a large steel fabricator here we are client oriented are you.

Note that, I have all the paper work backing up these repairs. I even kept truck pieces at home.

Jean Paul Coté / (ex ford client)
:cry: :cry: Email: jeanpaul.cote@videotron.ca

IanD
03/06/2005, 10h47
Might as well go in in english!!!!!! :oops:

My friend bought a 1996 Ford Contour SE SPORT in 1998 with 30,000km on the odometer. Not long after her purchase, at 33,000km, her motor died, no warning or anything. The second engine was replaced, it leaked coolant, problem fixed, headgasket leak. At around 70,000, the second engine died again, replaced. Not long after, the transmission had to be replaced. In between those expensive repairs, the brakes had to be done 3 times, alternator twice, power window regulator and many many other things that I wont say because I dont feel like typing for 5 days. She bought the car for $12,500 and today, 7 years after, she still owe over $15,000 on the car, and it's worth $1500 in trade in! Nice work Ford. This is not the only Contour or Mystique i've heard, 3 other person had Contours and they were headaches! Nice car, nice hndling, but unreliable, worst peace of shit ever built!