PDA

Voir la version complète : Mitsubishi Outlander prochaine generation et la nouvelle i

TR3CK
24/05/2005, 00h26
http://response.jp/issue/2005/0523/article70915_1.images/87446.jpg
http://response.jp/issue/2005/0523/article70915_1.images/87447.jpg

Mitsubishi Motors Corporation today announced the names of its new SUV and new kei minicar models. Mitsubishi Motors is planning to introduce the new SUV model on the domestic Japanese market this autumn and the new kei minicar early next year. The new SUV model will take on the name "Outlander" while the new kei minicar will be christened "i". Flowing through the veins of both are the "Sporty DNA" and "SUV DNA" that identify Mitsubishi Motors cars. These characteristics have been evolved through technology and know-how feedback harvested in the course of Mitsubishi Motors long-running and highly successful participation in the Dakar Rally, World Rally Championship and other motorsport arenas. Given graphic expression in the design, specifications and performance of the new models, these details clearly illuminate the company's approach to car development and building.

Outlander

The new SUV's Outlander moniker evokes an image of an adventurer heading at speed for unknown lands. The name Outlander will be the standardized model name in all global markets.

The new Outlander has been developed as the "next generation SUV which combines a flexible utility with the sporty style."

Outlander is distinguished by the following main features:

· New 2.4-liter engine with aluminum cylinder block.

· New platform with high crash safety.

· New Body and chassis that have technologies grown by the Lancer Evolution models.

Outlander sits on a newly developed platform, which Mitsubishi Motors plans to phase in on its C-segment models.

i

Mitsubishi Motors has decided to christen the latest addition to its kei minicar range "i". This new-age car encourages the owner to express him/herself ("I") fully. Starting with the letter "i" "innovation," also served as a keyword in the development of the car. As a "next-generation innovative kei," to deliver levels of safety, handling and stability that go well beyond the norm for its size classification, "i" becomes the first Mitsubishi Motors model to employ a rear-midship layout.

Ce que je trouves un peu etrange comme considence avec la i, dont le texte ne semble pas faire mention, c'est que son devant resemble beaucoup a une Smart Fortwo, son moteur est en arriere comme la Fortwo, sans oublier les liens entre DaimlerChrysler et Mitsubishi et que la Fortwo va passer a une nouvelle generation d'ici 2 ou 3 ans... C'est donc facile de deviner que la Mitsubishi i partagera sa plateforme avec la prochaine generation de la Smart Fortwo et cette plateforme aura maintenant une version 4 places et 5 portes.

Bien evidament la Mitsubishi i ne viendra surment pas ici en Amerique du Nord.

PS: Fkc9 dors-tu? J'ai ete plus vite que toi sur cette nouvelle la de Mitsubishi :P

maxell2
24/05/2005, 06h27
J'aime bien le outlander. Je suis aller me configurer une Eclipse 2006 sur mitsubishi USA, ca revient autour de 30 000US toutes équipés avec plusieurs options.

p@t_berg
24/05/2005, 06h57
ha ha ! Apres la colt sur le frame de la Smart Forfour voila un version allonger de la Fortwo :lol:

Francis F
24/05/2005, 10h21
Enfin, ils remplacent la Minica qui commence à dater face aux R2, Alto, Carol et Moco. Et ils le font avec originalité et goût. Félicitations. Le nouveau Outlander est aussi réussi. Pour un SUV, sa ligne est élégante. C'est avec de tels véhicules qu'ils vont peut-être s'en sortir. On attend maintenant la lancer avec impatience.

fkc9
24/05/2005, 10h33
Va ton avoir ce nouveau Outlander qui remplace au japon le Airtrek (qui est le Outlander ici) comme modèle 2006 d'ici la fin de l'année environ :?: D'après moi oui. Il fait plus classe que le Outlander actuelle selon moi. Une bonne campagne de pub :oops: et ca devrait bien se vendre ici. Est-ce que lui aussi va voir une version Turbo? Va t'on l'avoir? Ou bien une version V6? Plein de question qui reste en suspent.

Outlander sits on a newly developed platform, which Mitsubishi Motors plans to phase in on its C-segment models.

Je suis pas expert dans le A, B, C etc... pour le type de plate-forme, mais est-ce la meme base qui servira pour la prochaine génération de Lancer :?:

New Body and chassis that have technologies grown by the Lancer Evolution models.

Tout repose maintenant sur le EVO avec Mitsubishi pour vendre les autres produits de la marque.

PS: Fkc9 dors-tu? J'ai ete plus vite que toi sur cette nouvelle la de Mitsubishi :P

Je sais, j'ai pris congé hier comme tout le monde du net, donc j'ai pas fais mon tour sur ma page d'accueil www.mitsubishi-motors.com :wink: :lol:

J'ai quand meme vue le nouveau slogan de MMNA avant toi :oops:

P.S.: Pour le nouveau Outlander, vous pouvez laisser le rétroviseur pres du phare avant gauche au japon seulement svp :lol: :lol:

dedemo
24/05/2005, 12h04
Joli mais beaucoup trop petit pour jouer dans la cour des Vus. On parle plutôt d'une familiale ici comme la Outback, la Focus etc.

Comme Vus, le Forester est propablement le minimum acceptable comme espace cargo.

V@nquish
24/05/2005, 13h34
Petite question comme ça, c'est quoi le truc qui ressemble à un rétroviseur, mais qui est placé bin bin en avant sur l'aile gauche ??????

dedemo
24/05/2005, 13h37
Un mirroir. Obligatoire au Japon.

chevy_remi
24/05/2005, 14h41
Le outlander est un Suzuki Grand Vitara 2006 et le I est simplement une Smart 4portes.

STONE_COLD
15/08/2005, 08h18
Spy shots de la version américaine. Ressemble de très près à la version Jap.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/9970_TIJJTIOOBYOGZ.jpg

Mitsubishi's sales in the U.S. have hit the skids lately, but that doesn't mean they are throwing in the towel. In fact, they are working hard on creating the new products that are needed to get sales revived again. One important piece of this new-product plan is an all-new mid-size Mitsubishi Outlander. These photos capture a test prototype of the next-generation Outlander as it undergoes high-temperature testing in the southwest.

The test vehicle has right-hand drive, indicating that it is a Japanese home-market vehicle. It is expected that the new Outlander will be introduced in Japan for the 2006 model year, while its U.S. intro will lag until the 2007 model year.

The new Outlander is larger than before, and is expected to seat as many as seven people with the use of a fold-down third-row seat. The engine for the Japanese market will be a 2.4-liter four-cylinder, but the U.S. market is expected to get a 3.0-liter V-6 engine with a six-speed automatic transmission.

Styling is modern and more rounded than other recent Mitsubishi products like the Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV. The prominent Mitsubishi "beak" in the center of the grille has been banished, replaced with a simply styled grille featuring horizontal slats. The front-end shape integrates the grille with the front bumper, giving a more rounded look and eliminating the normal gap between the grille and bumper. Bold fender flares accent the big wheels and tires, and the roof sports the usual roof rack that seems to be a requirement of virtually every SUV.

coco27
15/08/2005, 08h26
Le Outlander est très beau. Finalement, Mitsubishi ont embauché un styliste qui a du goût. :3d-claphands: