PDA

Voir la version complète : revue d'un vw touareg 2004 - 3500 km

Ricardo A
23/06/2005, 14h27
tiré sur montreal ricing :

source : http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230320&page=1&pp=20

So almost 5 months since we bought this car and ive had time to really give the car a going over and decide wether i like it or not.

Drivetrain:
ABSOLUTELY DISCUSTING. Sure i found a 6 speed automatic cool at the start but the tranny is SUCH crap. First gear is USELESS AND SO SHORT. Given i do have the V6 motor the car right there loses SOOO much because of that GARBAGE motor and tranny. The motor feels like CRAP. Not just lack of power but it kicks back and pings at times i can feel it. Fly by wire is all wrong. Just the whole Package sucks. Compared to my old pathfinder which had no balls with the 3.5 this thing has no balls but has a garbage motor to match. One strike right there

Suspension:
Handling is quite good for a car of this weight and the steering feels agile and precise. The steering ratio is a little soft and the variable rate steering takes some getting use to. especially when slowing down for a curve and it switches ratios. Like most Suvs it tends to understeer and with that Quattro systems keeps on Plowing but i doubt anyone will take this thing through its paces like i did. I didnt get the Air suspension (another one of the many useless expensive features) although this one has a feeling of a VERY short damper. Any heavy bumps bring out a NICE sounding TONK sound when the damper extends to its maximum which is REALLY short it seems.

Brakes:
Coo Brembo brakes on the car give the car a Powerful feel and inspire confidence braking. HOWEVER. That confidence is QUICKLY patted under the rud by the fact this vehicle tips the scales at nearly 5500 pounds! And THAT without drivers NOR the V8 motor. The master cylinder is WAY too small for the brakes and ANY light tap on the brakes, because of the Emergency brake booster or whatever the hell the thing that increases pedal pressure is called the car either brakes too much or too little because the pedal is so soft. At 3500 KM the brakes SQUEEL and the pad is rubbing the rotor already.

Exterior of the car:
The moon buggy look does get its double looks and overall the car is decent looking. The stainless and chrome add touches to the car that are needed and in black it looks good. No Led technology which should be expected on a car of this value. Neither are HID standard. Roof rack is quite useless and EXTREMELY complicated to use.

Interior of the car:
This is where things get better but also where i just couldnt take it anymore and made this post. The look and finish is Great on the car. Nice plush carpets, Quality roof liner and Leather stitched EVERYTHING. Its very nice and quality feeling. BUT EVERYTHING electronic associated on the inside is a ****ING disaster. The CD reads wrong tracks. EVERY SINGLE BUTTON HAS A LAG. I press next and wait 1-3 seconds for the trck to change. Same with the windows. ANYTHING. Onboard steering wheel controls are HORRIBLY designed and are a PAIN to use. just changing a track from the steering wheel is a Daunting task and requires going through menus and stupidity. The rear trunk is ALWAYS a pain to get to open from the keylock and seems to never want to respond. HELL i hit the horn and it takes a second to kick on sometimes. NOT something i like AT ALL. The Stereo is not bad however BUT my BIGGEST GRIPE. I hate A/C and always drive with the roof open. This car has some sort of Retarded aerodynamic problem and causes a Fluttering problem and buils LARGE amounts of pressure in the driver cabin and Flutters the air giving me a headache unless i leave the rear windows open which then results in a Tornado. The wipers are another disaster o this car. There is no Intermitent wipe. There is ON, Off, High speed or RETARDED trying to act like a quality built mercedes automatic wiper setting that works based on vehicle speed from what i can tell. The wipers are NOISY and always seem to skip off the windshield. NOT a car for someone with OCD. Can you tell my love for this 58K vehicle?

So as you can tell this is my first and LAST VW. This Touareg is Garbage. Thank g-d we didnt pay ANYWHERE near MSRP or i would have been pissed. I do not enjoy driving this truck much other then the fact its black and looks decent. My pathfinder put WAY bigger smiles on my face and everything from the buttons to the Tranny felt better. It looked much more Truck and drove a bit more like a truck but it was SIMPLE and because of that put a NICE smile on my face.
We did not pay ANYWHERE near MSRP for this vehicle since we got an amazing stroke of luck deal at Volkswagen DDO @ 550 a month Tax in with 5K down for the Floor model with 190KM on it. I would be REALLY mad if i was paying the full 784+ Tax or wtvr it is for this truck. I cant even believe how people can pay close to 100K for the TDI version of this truck.

In conclusion. Maybe the V8 is better but i DOUBT the electronics BS is solved. This truck is a ****en piece of shit. I hate it. I hate VW and i will never ever again buy a VW. I am lucky and havent gotten the electronic problems these trucks are known to have but im just waiting for worst things to happen. Overally once again this truck is garbage.

pour ceux qui pensaient s'en procurer un.... il ne semble pas l'avoir dans son coeur...

Chialeux
27/06/2005, 13h03
en tout cas il aime pas la transmission je savais pas que ca pouvais etre aussi desagreable que ca un Touareg

Silverblades
27/06/2005, 13h13
y'a de quoi décourager n'importe quel futur acheteur de Touareg

Mais j'avoue que le Pathfinder c tout un truck!