Bruno Spengler got to stand on the podium in his very first appearance at the 24 Hours of Daytona, this week-end.
The Canadian and his teammates Bill Auberlen, Dirk Werner and Augusto Farfus, drove their BMW Z4 GTE to second in the GTLM category, which translated in an impressive sixth overall.
New Westminster native Michael Valiante (Corvette DP) fell just short of the podium in the Prototype category, having finished fourth alongside Richard Westbrook and former DTM champion Mike Rockenfeller.
It was a tough day for former F1 driver Rubens Barrichello (BMW Riley DP), who was certainly hoping for better than 39th.
Race results* – 24 Hours of Daytona
1. Dixon-Kanaan-Larson-McMurray (Ford EcoBoost DP), 740 laps – P
2. Bourdais-Barbosa-Fittipaldi (Corvette DP), 740 laps – P
3. Taylor-Taylor-Angelelli (Corvette DP), 740 laps – P
4. Westbrook-Valiante-Rockenfeller (Corvette DP), 734 laps – P
5. Garcia-Magnussen-Briscoe (Chevrolet Corvette C7.R), 725 laps – GTLM