Ganassi’s Scott Dixon was busy on the sixth day of testing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, reaching a best average speed of 223.088 mph.
Josef Newgarden (Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing) and Graham Rahal (Ganassi) finished respectively second and third in what was another show of force for the two young drivers.
Teams will be able to have their boost levels turned up for from 130 to 140 kPA for Fast Friday, Pole Day on Saturday and Bump Day on Sunday; allowing engines to develop an extra 40 to 50 horsepower.
Dragon Racing's Sebastien Bourdais and Katherine Legge were in action, driving their Chevrolet-powered cars for the first time.
The two Lotus drivers, Jean Alesi and Simona de Silvestro, were again the slowest of all.
Indianapolis 500 Practice Day-6
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Scott Dixon Ganassi DW12-Honda 40.3428s
2. Josef Newgarden Fisher DW12-Honda 40.4115s + 0.0687s
3. Graham Rahal Ganassi DW12-Honda 40.5259s + 0.1831s
4. Will Power Penske DW12-Chevy 40.5529s + 0.2101s
5. Justin Wilson Dale Coyne DW12-Honda 40.5927s + 0.2499s
6. Ryan Briscoe Penske DW12-Chevy 40.6302s + 0.2874s
7. Wade Cunningham Foyt DW12-Honda 40.6413s + 0.2985s
8. Dario Franchitti Ganassi DW12-Honda 40.6606s + 0.3178s
9. Charlie Kimball Ganassi DW12-Honda 40.6649s + 0.3221s
10. JR Hildebrand Panther DW12-Chevy 40.7200s + 0.3772s
11. Mike Conway Foyt DW12-Honda 40.7425s + 0.3997s
12. Alex Tagliani Herta DW12-Honda 40.7803s + 0.4375s
13. Oriol Servia Panther/DRR DW12-Chevy 40.7899s + 0.4471s
14. Helio Castroneves Penske DW12-Chevy 40.7982s + 0.4554s
15. Bryan Clauson Fisher DW12-Honda 40.8184s + 0.4756s
16. Tony Kanaan KV DW12-Chevy 40.8781s + 0.5353s
17. Takuma Sato Rahal DW12-Honda 40.9277s + 0.5849s
18. James Jakes Dale Coyne DW12-Honda 40.9414s + 0.5986s
19. Ana Beatriz Andretti/Conquest DW12-Chevy 40.9828s + 0.6400s
20. Rubens Barrichello KV DW12-Chevy 41.0149s + 0.6721s
21. Michel Jourdain Jr Rahal DW12-Honda 41.0673s + 0.7245s
22. Ed Carpenter Carpenter DW12-Chevy 41.0781s + 0.7353s
23. EJ Viso KV DW12-Chevy 41.1806s + 0.8378s
24. Townsend Bell Schmidt DW12-Honda 41.1846s + 0.8418s
25. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon DW12-Chevy 41.9161s + 1.5733s
26. Jean Alesi Fan Force DW12-Lotus 43.3758s + 3.0330s
27. Simona de Silvestro HVM DW12-Lotus 43.7552s + 3.4124s