The 2013 Elantra GT is set to compete with five-door hatchbacks like the Ford Focus, Mazda3 Sport, and Volkswagen Golf. Featuring generous interior volume, unsurpassed fuel economy, a European-tuned chassis, and a Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM) system, the Elantra GT blends practicality with driving enjoyment.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2013 ELANTRA GT
- Unique “Fluidic Sculpture” styling
- 1.8-litre “Nu” inline four-cylinder with D-CVVT (Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing)
- Standard six-speed manual and available six-speed automatic transmission
- 5.1 L/100 km estimated highway fuel consumption (6MT)
- Best-in-class specific output of 82.2 horsepower per litre
- European-tuned suspension
- Hyundai-first Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM) system
- Greater passenger volume than Focus, Mazda3, Golf, and Matrix
- 7 airbags including driver’s knee airbag
- Standard VSM, ESC, TCS, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist
- Hyundai-first hidden rear-view camera
- Numerous high-tech features:
- Standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with voice recognition
- Available 7-inch touch-screen navigation system
- Available proximity keyless entry with push-button ignition
CONTINUED EVOLUTION OF “FLUIDIC SCULPTURE” DESIGN
The new Elantra GT represents a continued evolution of Hyundai’s “Fluidic Sculpture” design language. Fluidic Sculpture evokes the interplay of wind with rigid surfaces to create the illusion of constant motion. In addition to providing an attractive silhouette, the various exterior design elements of Elantra GT also provide a slippery aerodynamic profile. A low overall height, sleek side mirrors, small tire gaps, and streamlined rocker panels each contribute to an efficient 0.30 coefficient of drag. Reduced wind resistance provides quieter cruising and reduced fuel consumption.
The vehicle’s front end features Hyundai’s signature hexagonal grille with chrome accents flowing into the hood. Along the side of the vehicle, the bold character lines are accented by available chrome beltline mouldings. Sharp projection headlamps, available fog lights, and 17-inch alloy wheels with chrome inlays complete the modern design.
As reported by Hyundai Canada