The redesigned 2016 GMC Terrain and Terrain Denali were introduced today ahead of their public debut at the New York Auto Show. Pricing will be announced closer to their Canadian on-sale date in the fall of 2015.
Sporting new front and rear bumpers, new grille designs, a power dome hood, and LED daytime running lamps, the 2016 GMC Terrain models offer Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert in SLE and SLT trims for the first time.
- The list of revisions for the new Terrain lineup also includes:
- New front and rear fascias with C-shaped lower chrome trim that accentuates the Terrain’s wide stance
- New 18” aluminum wheel design offered on non-Denali models
- New 19” aluminum wheel design offered on Denali
- Revised instrument panel “centre stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- Premium cloth seat fabric now standard on and SLE models
- New Saddle Up leather interior available on SLT
- New Light Titanium/Jet Black interior combination offered on Denali
- 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat offered on SLT
- New White Frost Tricoat and Crimson Red Tintcoat premium exterior colours.
The 2016 GMC Terrain's 5-passenger interior -- with the GM-exclusive MultiFlex sliding rear seat -- offers 894 litres of cargo space behind the rear seat and 1,809 litres with the rear seat folded.
Available powertrains include a 2.4L 4-cylinder EcoTec and a 3.6L V6 that allows a towing capacity of 3,500 lbs (1,588 kg).