What are the best car engines in the world? The 2016 International Engine of the Year awards were handed today, and Ferrari’s new 3.9L twin-turbo V8 took home four including the most prestigious one.
Another Ferrari engine, the 6.3L V12, received a distinction.
Here are the winners for the various categories. Check out the International Engine of the Year website for more details.
- International Engine of The Year: Ferrari 3.9L twin-turbo V8
- New Engine: Ferrari 3.9L twin-turbo V8
- Green Engine: Tesla electric power unit
- Performance Engine: Ferrari 3.9L twin-turbo V8
- Sub 1.0L: Ford 999cc 3-cylinder turbo;
- 1.0L-1.4L: PSA Peugeot Citroën 1.2L 3-cylinder turbo
- 1.4L-1.8L: BMW 1.5L 3-cylinder hybrid
- 1.8L-2.0L: Mercedes-AMG 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo
- 2.0L-2.5L: Audi 2.5L 5-cylinder turbo
- 2.5L-3.0L: Porsche 3.0L 6-cylinder turbo;
- 3.0L-4.0L: Ferrari 3.9L twin-turbo V8
- Over 4.0L: Ferrari 6.3L V12