The race for the 2016 Canadian Green Car Award is nearing the finish line, as we now know the winner in the six different categories. The overall winner will be crowned on April 15th at the Green Living Show in Toronto.
Now in its fourth year, the Canadian Green Car Award recognizes vehicles that offer impressive "green" attributes combined with strong mass-market appeal (since any product can have a significant environmental impact only if it sells in large numbers).
To achieve this result, renowned auto journalists from across the country assess "objective" criteria such as fuel economy, emissions, and price, as well as performance, driving experience, value, and features.
Here are the category winners for 2016:
- Battery Electric: Nissan LEAF
- Plug-in Hybrid: Chevrolet Volt
- Hybrid: Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- Efficient Internal Combustion: Mazda3 GS
- Efficient 3-Row Family Vehicle: Volvo XC90 T6
- Fun Car: Tesla Model S P90D