The anticipated new 2017 Ram Power Wagon will go on sale later in 2016 with a starting manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $58,945, FCA Canada announced. A Leather & Luxury option package is available for $4,995.
This model is built on a Ram 2500 platform as a heavy-duty interpretation of the Ram 1500 Rebel’s unique design, though it’s not as powerful and extreme as the 575-horsepower Rebel TRX Concept unveiled earlier this fall.
The new grille and tailgate are complemented by black accents, while nostalgic graphics are a throw-back to the Macho Power Wagon designs of 1979-80. Under that bulging hood lies a 6.4L HEMI V8 producing 410 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque.
Of course, the new 2017 Ram Power Wagon is much more than just a big engine. Other rugged features include:
- - Bilstein mono-tube shocks
- - 5-link rear coil spring suspension
- - Smart Bar electronic disconnecting sway bar
- - Electric locking front and rear differentials
- - 33” Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires
- - Complete under-chassis armour
- - 5,443kg (12,000lb) Warn winch
- - Tow hooks
Ground clearance is 363 mm (14.3”), wheel travel amounts to 660 mm (26”), and this truck has 762 mm (30”) of water-fording capability.
FCA’s most capable off-road truck will directly square off against the equally new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor.