CAA North & East Ontario (CAA NEO) has just published the results of driver voting for the top 10 worst roads in Ontario in 2016.
Six of the roads on the list are from the Northern Ontario region, with three of them being from Timmins.
In total, more than 2,500 different roads were nominated across the province.
The top 10 worst roads in Ontario are:
- County Road 49, Prince Edward County
- Algonquin Blvd. W., Timmins
- Balmoral St., Thunder Bay
- Algonquin Blvd. E., Timmins
- Queenston St., St. Catharines
- Burlington St. E., Hamilton
- Lorne St., Sudbury
- Bayview Ave, Toronto
- Dufferin St., Toronto
- Riverside Dr., Timmins, and Water St., Thunder Bay (tie)
Here is the worst road in every region:
- North Region: Algonquin Blvd. W., Timmins
- Halton-Peel-York-Durham: Cedar St. N., Uxbridge
- Niagara Region: Queenston St., St. Catharines
- Eastern Region: County Road 49, Prince Edward County
- Central Region: St. Johns Rd, Innisfil
- Western Region: Franklin Blvd., Cambridge
- South West Region: Waterworks Rd., Sarnia