After introducing a spectacular concept last year, Lincoln today launched its all-new 2018 Navigator, and makes a bold promise to North American families that it has created the ultimate ultra-modern transportation environment for them, one fitted with the latest luxury technologies so that every road trip is a first-class one.
Those who were wowed by the concept at the 2016 New York International Auto Show may be disappointed by the fact that its rear gullwing doors and the retractable side steps have not made it to the new production model, but no one can be too surprised. That would have been too cool for school…
On the other hand, Lincoln does deliver cargo space that is unmatched in the full-size luxury SUV segment – there’s almost enough space to fit an elephant in that room! The standard Wi-Fi service (and available wireless charging capability) ensures that everyone can stay connected (did we mention the six USB ports, four 12-volt power outlets and 110-volt plug?). Advanced technologies, meanwhile, allow the driver to adjust the vehicle’s settings with the simple turn of a button to facilitate and enhance the driving experience.
“Quiet luxury is both a look and a feeling,” says Kumar Galhotra, president, The Lincoln Motor Company. “The all-new Navigator embodies both. The sleek styling, spacious interior and technology are all designed to make each trip effortless.”
Other highlights of the 2018 Lincoln Navigator:
- On approaching the vehicle, the driver will see the chrome Lincoln star logo on the front grill softly light up, and LED lighting under the front doors further shows the way.
- At night, ambient lighting in the cabin progressively illuminates each of the SUV’s three rows of seats, while during the day, the panoramic sunroof lets in natural light.
- Adjustable trays behind the seats allow passengers to adapt the space in accordance with their needs.
- The V6 twin-turbo engine can generate up to 450 hp, and is linked to a 10-speed automatic transmission.
- The high-strength aluminum-alloy body makes the vehicle lighter by some 90 kg; the weight saved has been reinvested in features like towing capability and sound insulation.
- The front Perfect Position seats, adjustable in up to 30 different ways, can be heated and cooled, and include a massage feature.
Last but not least are amenities such as the SYNC 3 system (compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), the available rear-seat entertainment system that includes two 10-inch screens that can show separate content, and the available 20-speaker Revel Ultima audio system that turns the interior of the new Navigator into a personal theater.