Kia has announced that its Stinger, which debuted last year, will get more standard features in 2019, but it will cost more as a result. Here are details as they pertain to the U.S. market, as we await full details for Canada.
The announced pricing shows that consumers will pay between $750 and $2,000 more for their Stiner in 2019, depending on the trim chosen. Each trim will get an enhanced range of standard equipment,
however, so that the overall value consumers get won’t be impacted.
Those upgrades start right with the base model equipped with the 4-cylinder engine, which Kia Canada has already announced will be added to the product offer for the Canadian market in 2019 (joining the existing 3.3L 6-cylinder twin-turbo).
With either of those powertrains, the base models now get blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert. The specially designed 18-inch alloy wheels (previously found on the Premium trim in the U.S.) are now included from the lowest trims.
A new Sun & Sound package is available that brings with a power sunroof, LED lights, a larger display screen and a premium audio system. Again, we’ll have to wait and see if this is matched by the product offering in Canada.
The top-end trim of the 2019 Stinger can be had with an available 360-degree camera as well as heated rear seats.
Starting price in the U.S. for the 4-cylinder base model will be $33,895, while the same trim with the V6 will start at $40,095.
Other features that Kia Canada has confirmed for the 2.0L GT version with AWD in 2019:
- 8-speed Sportmatic AT
- Idle Stop and Go Technology
- Drive Mode Select (Eco/Smart/Comfort (Normal)/Sport/Individual)
- Paddle Shifters; High-Performance Shocks
- Advanced Front Airbags; Dual Front Side Airbags; Dual Rear Side
- Airbags; Curtain Airbags; Knee Airbag (Driver)
- Blind-Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Parking Sensors and more advanced safety features
- 18”Alloy Wheels; Bridgestone Tires
- Integrated dual exhaust (single twin)
- LED Bi-Function Headlights; LED Daytime Running Lights; LED Positioning Lights;
- LED Light Bar Taillights
- Power Folding and Heated Sideview Mirrors; LED Sideview Mirror Signal Repeaters
- Leather Interior; LED interior lighting
- 10-Way Power Driver Seat (/w Lumbar); 8- way Power Passenger Seat(w/lumbar)
- Heated Front Seats; Heated Steering Wheel
- Sports Leather Steering Wheel w/ metal accent; Leather Wrapped Gear Shifter
- Ambient mood lighting accents
- 7” Display Audio (/w Rearview Camera)
- UVO Intelligence Telematics
- Android Auto / Apple CarPlay; Bluetooth
- 3.5” Mono TFT Cluster
- Wireless Cell Phone Charger