Auto123.com - Helping you drive happy

Aston Martin rumoured to be sold to Mercedes-Benz

By ,

Rumours of a possible Aston Martin buyout by Mercedes-Benz have set the Internet ablaze. Autocar reports that the German automaker, which already owns 5% of Aston Martin, did not rule out the possibility of acquiring the remaining 95%.

The two companies partnered last year, resulting in AMG supplying new V8 engines for the next-generation Aston Martin Vantage. Mercedes-Benz apparently wants to expand that relationship to share platforms and other components.

Obviously, no deal has been signed yet. We'll keep you updated.

Source : autocar.co.uk