For the Australian it was a first victory after a 16-month winless streak and Scott Dixon ended-up the biggest loser, finishing 15th and allowing his title opponents Helio Castroneves and Ryan Hunter-Reay to extend their advantage.
|Justin Wilson. (Photo: LAT / IndyCar)|
Will Power crossed the finish line 1.1 seconds ahead of Justin Wilson (Dale Coyne Racing).
The incident occurred when Dixon was exiting his pit box and clipped a tire being carried by Power's right-rear tire changer, hitting him and two other crew members.
None were hurt but the Neo-Zealander was penalised and relegated to the 15th spot in a race that he had utterly dominated all afternoon.
For polesitter Dario Franchitti the afternoon had his share of frustration but the Scot still managed to get the third spot. Marco Andretti and Simon Pagenaud completed the top 5.
|James Hinchcliffe. (Photo: LAT / IndyCar)|
Results - 85 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Engine Time/Gap
1. Will Power Penske/Chevy 2h20m46.8226s
2. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda +1.1930s
3. Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda +3.4036s
4. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy +4.1266s
5. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda +4.7042s
6. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy +5.1074s
7. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy +8.5383s
8. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy +9.0231s
9. Simona de Silvestro KV/Chevy +9.2858s
10. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon/Chevy +11.2082s
11. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda +12.0359s
12. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda +15.1056s
13. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy +17.7606s
14. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy +18.5207s
15. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda +20.2165s
16. JR Hildebrand Herta/Honda +20.7611s
17. Ryan Briscoe Panther/Chevy +29.4788s
18. James Davison Coyne/Honda +43.7768s
19. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy +1 lap
20. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda +2 laps
Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy 81 laps
Lucas Luhr Fisher/Honda 81 laps
Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 67 laps
Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 56 laps
James Jakes Rahal/Honda 28 laps