It was the IndyCar second group of teams to take to the Sebring track and it turns out that the Ganassi (Honda) duo formed by Scott Dixon and Dario Franchitti was the fastest after the first day.
Right from the start, Dixon topped the times chart in the morning but it was Franchitti’s turn in the afternoon to set the fastest run but, still, the reigning champion was 0.1727s slower.
Rubens Barrichello (KV Racing Chevrolet) was third while his teammates had their share of problems; EJ Viso having had a trip into the tyre barrier finished seventh, while Tony Kanaan, who struggled for pace was 10th.
Spaniard Oriol Servia was fastest of the Lotus-powered drivers for Dreyer & Reinbold in 12th. Fellow Lotus runner Alex Tagliani only managed one lap due to throttle problems in his Bryan Herta Autosport car.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Scott Dixon Ganassi DW12-Honda 51.9674s
2. Dario Franchitti Ganassi DW12-Honda 52.1401s + 0.1727s
3. Rubens Barrichello KV DW12-Chevrolet 52.2228s + 0.2554s
4. Mike Conway Foyt DW12-Honda 52.2230s + 0.2556s
5. Takuma Sato Rahal DW12-Honda 52.4111s + 0.4437s
6. Graham Rahal Ganassi DW12-Honda 52.4956s + 0.5282s
7. EJ Viso KV DW12-Chevrolet 52.6317s + 0.6643s
8. JR Hildebrand Panther DW12-Chevrolet 52.6868s + 0.7194s
9. Charlie Kimball Ganassi DW12-Honda 52.9339s + 0.9665s
10. Tony Kanaan KV DW12-Chevrolet 53.2012s + 1.2338s
11. Josef Newgarden Fisher DW12-Honda 52.2013s + 1.2339s
12. Oriol Servia Dreyer & Reinbold DW12-Lotus 53.3479s + 1.3805s
13. Ana Beatriz Andretti DW12-Chevrolet 54.1478s + 2.1804s
14. Katherine Legge Dragon DW12-Lotus 54.5918s + 2.6244s
15. Ed Carpenter Carpenter DW12-Chevrolet 54.6490s + 2.6816s
16. Alex Tagliani BHA DW12-Lotus 56.0766s + 4.1092s