Hyundai Canada has announced pricing for each version of its new 2018 Accent. After getting its official world debut at Toronto’s 2017 auto show, the subcompact is making its way into Canadian dealerships as you read this.
The 2018 edition of the popular Accent, the model’s fifth generation, gets a starting price of $14,599, or $600 more than last year; this gets buyers the hatchback version. Climbing up the trims, consumers get to choose between a sedan and a five-door version, which is exclusive to Canada. Recognizing the importance of that configuration on the Canadian market, the automaker has decided to offer the two formats at the same price – a gesture that should be applauded.
The Accent is powered by a 1.6L 4-cylinder engine with direct injection. Power output is 130 hp and 119 lb-ft of torque, and buyers can opt for either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. The car can be delivered with a 7-inch multimedia screen incorporating Android Auto and Apple CarPlay; also available are heated front seats and steering wheel.
The other variants of the Accent are priced between $17,349 and $21,099. Here are the numbers:
- Accent L Manual 5-door - $14,599
- Accent L Auto 4-door - $17,349
- Accent L Auto 5-door - $17,349
- Accent GL Manual 4-door - $17,549
- Accent GL Manual 5-door - $17,549
- Accent GL Auto 4-door - $18,799
- Accent GL Auto 5-door - $18,799
- Accent GLS Manual 5-door - $19,849
- Accent GLS Auto 4-door - $21,099
- Accent GLS Auto 5-door - $21,099