The significantly refreshed 2018 Subaru WRX will go on sale across Canada in June with an unchanged base MSRP of $29,995, the company announced yesterday.
We first saw it in North America at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show along with the similarly revised WRX STI.
Powered by a 268-horsepower 2.0L turbocharged BOXER engine, the 2018 Subaru WRX can be equipped with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a Sport Lineartronic CVT featuring a 6- or 8-speed manual shift mode. The latter is also available with Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE).
The combination of Subaru symmetrical full-time all-wheel drive, a light body, chassis rigidity and performance, oversized brakes with high-performance ABS, the highly advanced multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control system, and active torque vectoring work together to give the 2018 WRX superb agility and hazard avoidance capabilities.
Here’s how the various trim levels stack up:
- 2018 Subaru WRX 6MT at $29,995
- Full-time AWD; seven airbags; 17” alloy wheels; quad-tip high-performance exhaust; automatic climate control; 5.9” colour multi-function display; AM/FM/CD/XM/MP3/WMA audio system with 6.2” high-resolution touchscreen display; STARLINK smartphone integration; Bluetooth connectivity with voice activation; flat-bottom, leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching; back-up camera; heated front seats.
- 2018 Subaru WRX CVT at $31,295
- Adds Sport Lineartronic CVT
- 2018 Subaru WRX Sport 6MT at $33,195
- Adds Subaru Rear/Side Vehicle Detection System (SRVD); wiper-activated headlights, 10-way power adjustable driver's seat; LED fog lights; LED steering-responsive headlights; welcome lighting; automatic headlights; rear lip spoiler; integrated turn signals
- 2018 Subaru WRX Sport CVT at $34,495
- Adds Sport Lineartronic CVT and moonroof
- 2018 Subaru WRX Sport-tech 6MT at $36,495
- Adds new StarLink apps added; 7” high-resolution touchscreen with navigation; Harman Kardon sound system with nine speakers; dual USB ports; leather seating surfaces and proximity key with push-button start, optional RS Package for $2,300 (8-way power adjustable leather and Ultrasuede Recaro front seats; Ultrasuede and leather seating material on rear seats; Jurid brake pads; red-painted calipers)
- 2018 Subaru WRX Sport-tech CVT at $37,795
- Adds Sport Lineartronic CVT; available with optional EyeSight Package for $1,300 (pre-collision braking, pre-collision brake assist, pre-collision throttle management, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, lane sway warning, lead vehicle start alert, lane keep assist, high beam assist, reverse automatic braking, auto vehicle hold, EyeSight assist monitor)
Don’t miss the 2018 Subaru WRX in this action-filled video!