Several weeks ago we provided you with the first details on the 2019 Acura ILX. Among the highlights the automaker is introducing for its sedan, we noted:
- A sportier design, featuring a modified front end
- New and improved A-Spec variant
- Jewel-Eye LED headlights and Led taillights
- Lower diffuser
- New wheel designs, with exclusive ones for each trim
- Reshaped sport seats in front
- Power-adjustable lumbar support for driver’s seat
- Silver trims and chrome insert on the dashboard
- Machine-finished push-button start
- Refreshed dual-screen interface, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Enhanced 7-inch touchscreen
The 2019 ILX also gets some new paint options for buyers, including 5 new exterior colours: Platinum White Pearl, Majestic Black Pearl, Performance Red Pearl and Canyon Bronze Metallic, as well as Apex Blue Pearl (exclusive to the A-Spec). Inside, new possibilities include the Espresso colour scheme in addition to Graystone and Ebony, while the A-Spec get its own Ebony and Red colour options, both with ultrasuede inserts.
The A-Spec version of the ILX, available with Premium and Technology packages, has gotten particular attention for 2019. The A-Spec gets dark chrome trim for the front grille and lower fascia, LED fog lights, dark appearance for the headlights and taillights and a gloss-black decklid spoiler.
Inside, exclusive elements include a graphite-silver dash accent with chrome insert, A-Spec badged steering wheel with contrast stitching and aluminum sport pedals. The new sport seats are finished in A-Spec-exclusive Ebony or Red leather with black Ultrasuede centre panels and contrasting stitching.
Official fuel economy ratings for the 2019 Acura ILX are 8.6L/100 km combined (7.0L/100 km highway, 9.9L/100 km city).
The pricing for Canada
ILX - $29,990
ILX w/Premium Package - $32,490
ILX A-Spec w/Premium Package - $33,990
ILX w/ Technology Package - $35,390