General Motors has announced the addition of the Buick Encore Sport Touring model to its 2016 lineup. Look for it to arrive in Canadian showrooms this fall at a price that has yet to be specified.
Boasting many new styling and technology upgrades, the Encore Sport Touring comes standard with:
- IntelliLink voice-activated infotainment system with a 7” high-resolution display;
- Rearview camera;
- 10 standard airbags, including side-curtain and knee airbags;
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with a Wi-Fi hotspot;
- Blue-accented halogen composite projector-beam headlamps;
- Heated outside rearview mirrors with turn signal indicators;
- And much more.
Options include fog lamps, a rear spoiler, a remote starter, 18” alloy wheels, rear cross traffic alert, dual-zone climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a power sunroof, Bose audio, navigation, etc.
New turbo engine maximizes performance and efficiency
Under the hood of the 2016 Buick Encore Sport Touring is an all-new and exclusive 1.4L turbo engine (different from the Encore’s standard 1.4L turbo mill). It features an aluminum cylinder block and head for weight savings and fuel economy improvements. Low vibration and noise levels contribute to excellent refinement and ride quality.
For even more efficiency, the Encore Sport Touring features stop/start technology, which automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop under certain driving conditions, such as a stoplight or traffic jam. The engine then restarts when the driver takes his or her foot off the brake pedal.