After making its Canadian in-the-flesh debut at the most recent Toronto Auto Show in February, the new 2020 Cadillac XT6 now gets its official price tag, courtesy an announcement by Cadillac Canada.
The base model version of the new luxury XT6, which will fit into the carmaker’s lineup above the XT5 compact SUV and the Escalade behemoth, will come with a starting price of $60,995 CAD when the model hits the market this summer. This trim is the Premium Luxury All Wheel Drive model.
Next up the ladder – in fact the only other version that will be offered - is the XT6 Sport and its dual-clutch all-wheel-drive system, and it will go for at least $63,795 CAD.
Both versions will be powered by the same 3.6L direct-injection V6 making 310 hp, equipped with functions like Active Fuel Management and a stop/start system and mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission. As mentioned, both editions operate with an all-wheel-drive system.
The two XT6 versions will get distinctive visual elements. The Premium Luxury for example gets bright Galvano exterior accents, while the Sport gets jazzed up with gloss black accents and performance-oriented details.
Inside, the Premium Luxury prioritizes sound insulation and ride smoothness, with the Sport getting chassis tuning that delivers a more dynamic driving experience.
In either iteration, the new XT6 three-row SUV gets a slew of advanced comfort, connectivity and safety features, most notably:
• bi-functional LED headlamps with IntelliBeam, LED daytime running lamps and LED taillamps
• 20-inch wheels
• heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt/telescope function
• UltraView power sunroof with power sunshade
• seven-passenger seating (six-passenger with second-row captain’s chairs available)
• power-folding third-row seat and remote fold-down feature for the second-row seat
• HD rear vision camera with remote wash
• forward collision alert
• following distance indicator
• low speed forward automatic braking
• front pedestrian braking
• front and rear park assist
• lane change alert with side blind zone alert
• rear cross traffic alert
• lane keep assist with lane departure warning
• safety alert seat
• rear seat reminder
• rotary controller with Cadillac-first jog function
• over-the-air vehicle software updates
• NFC phone paring for compatible phones
• wireless charging for compatible phones
• Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
• 6 USB ports, one SD card slot and 2 12-volt power outlets
• 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
• Cadillac Connected Access