Hyundai Canada recently announced that 11 additional vehicles from model years 2016 and 2015 are now compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The connectivity features can be accessed free-of-charge for customers that download and perform the update of their vehicle’s software at home.
Owners can check the eligibility of their specific model and trim and access the download link by simply entering their VIN at https://hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca/. Hyundai dealers can also perform the software upgrade on eligible vehicles for a fee.
As a result, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are now compatible with the following Hyundai vehicles:
- 2017 Elantra with 7″ or 8″ touchscreen
- 2016-2017 Elantra GT GLS Tech, Limited
- 2017 IONIQ
- 2015-2017 Sonata 2.4 Sport Tech, 2.4 Limited, 2.0 Sport Ultimate
- 2016-2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited, Ultimate
- 2016-2017 Sonata Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate
- 2016-2017 Tucson 2.0L Luxury AWD, 1.6T Limited AWD, 1.6T Ultimate AWD
- 2017 Santa Fe Sport with navigation
- 2017 Santa Fe XL with navigation
- 2015-2016 Genesis Sedan 3.8 Premium, 3.8 Luxury, 3.8 Technology
This announcement follows Hyundai’s expansion of its Blue Link telematics system with a pilot program in California allowing mobile service and delivery companies to securely access Hyundai vehicle functions, for example the vehicle’s location, remote locking/unlocking and data such as mileage, without keys or the owner being present.