Presenting the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
Hot on the heels of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro comes the announcement of the cabriolet variant. Set to go on sale early next year, the next-generation Camaro Convertible will be the only car in the segment to offer all of the following:
- Fully automatic operation with latches that automatically release and secure the top;
- Capability of opening or closing at speeds up to 48 km/h (30 mph);
- Remote opening with the key fob;
- A hard tonneau cover that deploys automatically, providing a more refined, finished appearance when the top is lowered and stowed.
“The 2016 Camaro coupe will set the benchmark for the segment in terms of technology, performance, and design,” said Shane Peever, Chevrolet brand manager for Canada. “Adding the most sophisticated top in the segment brings another level of refinement, and driving enjoyment, to the Camaro convertible.”
Just like the coupe, the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible will be produced at General Motors’ Lansing Grand River assembly plant in Lansing, Michigan. It weighs 91kg less than its predecessor and offers either a 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic transmission to go along with three different engine options including:
- 2.0L Turbo rated at 275 horsepower;
- All-new 3.6L V6 producing 335 horsepower;
- 6.2L LT1 V8 certified at 455 horsepower – the most powerful Camaro SS ever.