Volkswagen has identified around 430,000 vehicles of 2016 model year with rigged engines – diesel or gasoline – that fail to meet emissions standards. It means that more than half of the 800,000 affected vehicles were from the current model year.
A number of them can be found in North America. Volkswagen says owners should enter their vehicle identification number (VIN) on the company’s website (for their respective country) to find out whether their vehicle is affected.
Here are some of the 2016 models that likely don’t comply with emissions standards:
- Audi A1 (1.4L TDI and 1.6L TDI engines);
- Audi A1 Sportback (1.4L TDI and 1.6L TDI engines);
- Volkswagen Tiguan (2.0L TDI engine);
- Volkswagen Jetta (1.2L TSI and 1.4L TSI engines);
- Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet (2.0L TDI engine);
- Volkswagen Golf (1.4L TSI, 1.6L TDI and 2.0 TFSI engines);
- Volkswagen Touran (2.0L TDI engine);
- Volkswagen CC (2.0L TDI engine);
- Volkswagen Passat (1.6L TDI and 2.0L TDI engines).