Good news: The 2016 Ford Mustang GT will feature hood vent-integrated turn signals when it goes on sale in the third quarter of 2015. It's a nod to the popular feature found on the 1967 Mustang, which many fans desperately wanted to see make a return.
“Mustang enthusiasts are not shy about telling us what they want, and we’re constantly exploring ideas together with our engineering team to develop new features we know our customers will love,” said Melanie Banker, Mustang marketing manager. “These new hood vent indicators for the GT model are a perfect example of us communicating customer feedback to Mustang engineers and the team responding with an exclusive new feature for owners of the 2016 Ford Mustang GT.”
In addition to the iconic turn signals on the hood vents, the 2016 Ford Mustang GT (and Mustang EcoBoost) will offer several new packages and customization options including:
- Factory-installed racing stripes in either black or silver;
- Black-painted roof panel;
- Pony Package (unique 19” polished aluminum wheels, tri-bar pony logo on the grille, side stripe, and chrome window surround);
- Black Accent Package (19” black-painted alloy wheels, black decklid spoiler, dark taillamp trim, and 5.0 and pony logos in black).
- California Special Package (19” ebony-painted machined aluminum wheels, Ebony leather/Miko suede seat inserts with red contrast stitching, unique aluminum dashboard finish with California Special badge, hood and side stripes, black pedestal spoiler, dark taillamp accents, performance front splitter, and more).