Planning to buy a new Subaru Forester? Canadian pricing has just been announced for the 2016 model, which will arrive in showrooms in a few days.
Once again, customers will find plenty of selection, with no fewer than 12 different trim levels on the menu. Here's the complete breakdown:
- 2.5i (manual): $25,995
- 2.5i (CVT): $27,295
- 2.5i Convenience Package (CVT): $28,795
- 2.5i Convenience Package with PZEV option PZEV (CVT): $29,495
- 2.5i Touring Package (manual): $29,995
- 2.5i Touring Package (CVT): $31,295
- 2.5i Touring Package with Technology Package option (CVT): $32,495
- 2.5i Limited Package (CVT): $34,595
- 2.5i Limited Package with Technology Package option (CVT): $35,795
- 2.0XT Touring Package (CVT): $33,495
- 2.0XT Limited Package (CVT): $36,795
- 2.0XT Limited Package with Technology Package option (CVT): $37,995
The 2016 Subaru Forester features a standard 2.5L naturally aspirated 4-cylinder engine (also available with PZEV equipment that reduces smog-forming emissions to near zero) and the optional 2.0L twin-scoll turbocharged 4-cylinder for more spirited performance.
You also get the choice of a 6-speed manual or Lineartronic continuously variable transmission (CVT), each designed to work with different versions of Subaru's symmetrical full-time all-wheel drive system.
As a compact 4x4, the Subaru Forester returns for 2016 with class-leading fuel economy and cargo room, not to mention a host of desirable amenities depending on the model. The list includes:
- New AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA audio system with 6.2” or 7” touchscreen;
- Rear-view camera;
- New controls on the steering wheel;
- Navigation system;
- SMS text messaging capability;
- Steering-responsive fog lights;
- Revised proximity key.
The Forester should be on anyone's list when practicality, off-road capability, and safety are priorities. Speaking of which, like all Subaru models, it has earned an IIHS Top Safety Pick as well as a Top Safety Pick+ (models equipped with optional EyeSight).