The Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE, the ultimate Camaro track-day model, is back for the 2018 model-year with a number of improvements to deliver performance that is even more outstanding. It will be on the market this coming summer.
While Canadian pricing has not yet been announced, it is known that the 1LE package is available with the LS, LT, SS and ZL1 coupes; each will get personalized track-focused elements. In the case of the 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE, this includes:
• Carbon-fibre rear wing, specific air deflectors and other aerodynamic elements on the front to increase downforce;
• Adjustable suspension with racing-inspired Multimatic DSSV shocks and a 3-way adjustable rear stabilizer bar;
• Exclusive new light-alloy wheels, larger than those of the regular ZL1 and fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R summer tires;
• 27 kg (60 lb) lighter than the ZL1 coupe;
• 650-hp supercharged V8 LT4 engine with a 6-speed manual transmission;
• Brembo brakes, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated/ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel.
“In the long, storied history of Camaro performance, there’s never been another model that matches the capability of the ZL1 1LE,” said Steve Majoros, Chevrolet cars and crossovers marketing director. “With the addition of the new 650-horsepower ZL1 1LE, the Camaro lineup is more diverse and exciting than ever, offering customers the ability to select and personalize their ultimate performance car.”