The new 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 will pace the NASCAR Daytona 500 race this Sunday, February 26th. Catch it with 3-time Daytona 500 winner Jeff Gordon behind the wheel!
“Chevrolet and I have a great history at the Daytona 500 and it’s an honor to drive the 650-horsepower Camaro ZL1 pace car for the largest, most historic race of the season,” Gordon said.
After completing a lap of the Nürburgring in 7:29:60 minutes last fall and recording an official top speed of 318 km/h at a German testing facility just days ago, the 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 comes to Daytona with the following specs:
- - Silver Ice Metallic exterior color
- - 6.2L direct-injected, supercharged V8
- - All-new 10-speed automatic transmission
- - Magnetic Ride Control
- - Electronic limited-slip differential
- - 20” forged aluminum wheels
- - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires
- - Brembo brakes with 6-piston front calipers
- - 1.02g max cornering
- - 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds