Auto123.com - Helping you drive happy

F1: Circuit of the Americas sent a proposal to Bernie Ecclestone

|
Obtain the best financial rate for your car loan at Automobile En DirectTecnic
Khatir Soltani
The Circuit of the Americas bosses revealed that they are ready to pay the sanctioning fee for the 2012 United States Formula 1 Grand Prix.

The Circuit says that it is ready to pay Bernie Ecclestone the sanctioning fee for next year's race as well as sort out a payment schedule for future events, but in the same breath accuses the F1 boss of making “unrealistic and unfeasible demands.”

Circuit chief Bobby Epstein has said that the circuit is not willing to accept all the terms of a race contract that it was offered recently by Ecclestone - so has instead proposed a revised version.

A press release issued Thursday said: “Circuit of The Americas has responded to Formula One Management’s contract requirements by agreeing to an immediate cash payment of the sanctioning fee for the 2012 United States Grand Prix (USGP). In addition, Circuit of The Americas has offered to establish an advance payment schedule for USGP races beyond 2012. The offer comes after several weeks of talks, and once accepted, will secure the USGP on the Formula 1 race calendar.”

“We have been ready to send Mr. Ecclestone a sanctioning fee cheque for some time now,” added Epstein.

“He hasn’t received it yet because the new contract presented to us two weeks ago contained unrealistic and unfeasible demands. We have signed and returned a contract similar to what we anticipated receiving,” he added.

Khatir Soltani
Khatir Soltani
Automotive expert
  • Over 8 years experience as a car reviewer
  • Over 50 test drives in the last year
  • Involved in discussions with virtually every auto manufacturer in Canada