What are the most desirable connected car features in 2015? According to Business Insider, which recently surveyed consumers, entertainment trumps advanced safety systems.
Top 8 Most Desirable Connected Car Features:
- Music streaming i.e. via Pandora or Spotify (69%)
- Surfing the Internet via a monitor in the car (57%)
- Car identifies traffic signal, congestion, accidents (52%)
- System allowing the passenger to stop the car (51%)
- Front/rear collision warning (45%)
- Night vision system (42%)
- Fatigue warning device (41%)
- Access to social media while in the car (40%)
The Business Insider survey also includes a graphic with consumers' preferred method of payment for these connected car features. Apparently, 28% would like a monthly fee charged over the credit card or Paypal account, 26% prefer an upfront payment in the car price, and 13% want to make a single purchase for a predefined period.
Interestingly, while self-driving cars are making headlines and gaining momentum, 40% of respondents said they would not pay for such a vehicle.