The company recognizes vehicles in 26 segments that are forecast to retain the highest percentage of their Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) after a three-year period.
"Strong residual values are the bedrock of successful brands. A vehicle's ability to retain its value over time is an important consideration for consumers looking to purchase or lease a vehicle. With vehicle leasing at near-record levels and headwinds for used vehicle values on the horizon, consumers can have confidence in their choice of a Residual Value Award winner for their next vehicle."
- Jim Nguyen, ALG president
This is the fourth consecutive year that Land Rover takes home the Residual Value Award for Premium brands. In fact, the British luxury SUV manufacturer won an award in all four segments in which it competes, with the Range Rover Sport, Range Rover, Discovery and Discovery Sport winning the top spots. Click on any of these models for more detailed information.
Meanwhile, Subaru was crowned among all mainstream brands for the third year in a row, winning five vehicle segments in the process: Impreza, WRX, Crosstrek, Forester, Outback. Once again, you should click on the links for additional information.
Below is the full list of 2018 ALG Residual Value Award winners:
- - Mainstream Brand: Subaru
- - Premium Brand: Land Rover
- - Alternative fuel: Kia Niro
- - Subcompact: Honda Fit
- - Compact: Subaru Impreza
- - Midsize: Honda Accord
- - Full-size: Dodge Charger
- - Sports car: Subaru WRX
- - Subcompact SUV: Subaru Crosstrek
- - Compact SUV: Subaru Forester
- - Midsize SUV, 2 rows: Subaru Outback
- - Midsize SUV, 3 rows: Toyota Highlander
- - Full-size SUV: Toyota Sequoia
- - Off-road SUV: Jeep Wrangler
- - Fullsize Pickup: Toyota Tundra
- - Midsize Pickup: Toyota Tacoma
- - Premium Compact: Mercedes-Benz CLA Class
- - Premium Midsize: Audi A4 Allroad
- - Premium Full-size: Genesis G80
- - Premium Executive: Lexus LS
- - Premium Sports car: Porsche 718 Cayman
- - Premium Compact SUV: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- - Premium Midsize SUV, 2 rows: Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- - Premium Midsize SUV, 3 rows: Land Rover Discovery
- - Premium Full-size SUV: Land Rover Range Rover
- - Minivan: Honda Odyssey
- - Midsize Commercial: Mercedes-Benz Metris
- - Full-size Commercial: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
Will these awards influence your next vehicle purchase decision?