A contact between front runners Alex Tagliani and Andrew Ranger helped Robin Buck to earn his first ever victory in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series event presented at the ICAR circuit on Sunday.
For Buck, it was a first victory after more than 13 starts in the series in the last four years.
Buck held off points’ leader Scott Steckly on a green-white-checkered finish for the victory on the road circuit located north of Montreal in Mirabel.
Pole sitter Tagliani and Ranger, who started the race from the back of the grid, made contact while battling on lap 27 for the lead in Turn 12 of the 15-turn, 2.113-mile road course.
The incident caused Tagliani to hit the guard rail and bring out the caution while NASCAR penalized Ranger with a pass-through penalty for aggressive driving.
The yellow set up the final race restart and handed the lead to Buck.
Don Thompson Jr. finished third, followed by Louis-Philippe Dumoulin and Mark Dilley.
The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series will next race at Keystone Light 200 at Delaware Speedway on Saturday, June 11.
ICAR Event - Results
Pos. Driver Team/Car Laps
1. Robin Buck Quaker State Dodge 33
2. Scott Steckly Canadian Tire Dodge 33
3. Don Thomson, Jr. Farmers Feed Families Dodge 33
4. L.P. Dumoulin * Maskimo/Somavrac Dodge 33
5. Mark Dilley Rheem/Sylvania Dodge 33
6. Jeff Lapcevich Tim Hortons Dodge 33
7. JR Fitzpatrick Schick Hydro Chevrolet 33
8. Alex Tagliani Hot Wheels Dodge 33
9. John Farano * Tower Motorsports Chevrolet 33
10. Jason White A&W Cruisin' The Dub Dodge 33
11. Peter Klutt Legendary Motorcar Chevrolet 33
12. Elie Arseneau * Monsieur Muffler Chevrolet 33
13. Derek White MultiConcepts/Mohawk Market Chevrolet 33
14. Ron Beauchamp, Jr. Mopar/Mobil 1 Dodge 33
12. Jason Hathaway Snap-on Tools/Vortex Brake Pads Dodge 33
13. Dave Coursol * Carquest Canada/Castrol Chevrolet 33
14. Patrice Brisebois * L'equipeur Chevrolet 33
15. Steven Mathews * Bill Mathews Motors Ford 33
16. Kerry Micks Dickies/Beyond Digital Imaging Ford 33
17. DJ Kennington Castrol Edge Dodge 33
18. Andrew Ranger PNH Solutions/Lou's BBQ Dodge 33
19. J.F. Dumoulin Group Bellemare/GP3R Dodge 31
20. Dexter Stacey WJS Motorsports Dodge 29
21. Michel Pilon * Aquacoupe Technologie Chevrolet 19
22. Isabelle Tremblay * Groupe Beton Brunet/ADF Diesel Ford 13
23. Martin Roy * Veloce Dodge 1
24. Noel Dowler * EMCO Dodge 0